Although cash, and cash-on-delivery, is still popular, the UAE is becoming a card dominated country.
13 million cards have been issued, 60% of which are debit and the remaining 40% are debit. Visa and Mastercard are the main players, and a small portion of cards are issued by American Express.
So far, no alternative forms of payment have been able to reach a significant user base.
Visa is one of world's largest global card networks
UnionPay is the world's biggest card network with 7 billion cards in circulation
Mastercard is a market leading card scheme worldwide
American Express is a key credit card around the world
PayPal is a major digital wallet, with over 300 million active consumers
Apple Pay is the digital wallet of choice for millions of iOS users
Google Pay™️ lets millions of people add payment cards to their Google Accounts
Browse and filter 100+ payment methods on region, channel, and more.