See all news

Important Regulatory Notice

This announcement is not for publication, distribution or release, directly or indirectly, in or into the United States of America (including its territories and possessions, any state of the United States of America and the District of Columbia), Canada, South Africa, Australia or Japan or any other jurisdiction where such an announcement would be unlawful. The distribution of this announcement may be restricted by law in certain jurisdictions and persons into whose possession this document or other information referred to herein comes should inform themselves about and observe any such restriction. Any failure to comply with these restrictions may constitute a violation of the securities laws of any such jurisdiction.

Adyen’s securities have not been and will not be registered under the U.S. Securities Act of 1933, as amended, and may not be offered or sold in the United States without registration thereunder or pursuant to an available exemption therefrom. Neither this document nor the information contained herein constitutes or forms part of an offer to sell, or the solicitation of an offer to buy, securities in the United States. Adyen will not provide any letters of non-objections for unsponsored ADRs or other securities in the United States or any other jurisdiction.

This announcement is not an offer of securities or investments for sale nor a solicitation of an offer to buy securities or investments in any jurisdiction, including the United States, Canada, South Africa, Australia or Japan. Neither this announcement nor anything contained herein shall form the basis of, or be relied upon in connection with, any offer or commitment whatsoever in any jurisdiction. No action has been taken that would permit an offering of securities or possession or distribution of this announcement in any jurisdiction where action for that purpose is required. Persons into whose possession this announcement comes are required to inform themselves about and to observe any such restrictions.

The information contained in this announcement is for background purposes only and does not purport to be full or complete. No reliance may be placed for any purpose on the information contained in this announcement or its accuracy or completeness. This announcement does not purport to identify or suggest the risks (direct or indirect) which may be associated with an investment in Adyen securities. Any investment decision in connection with Adyen securities must be made solely on the basis of all publicly available information relating to such Adyen securities.

This communication may be restricted by law in certain jurisdictions and persons receiving this communication should inform themselves about and observe any such restriction and must not under any circumstances forward this communication to any other person. Failure to comply with such restrictions may violate securities laws of any such jurisdiction.

Amsterdam · October 27th, 2020

Adyen publishes Q3 2020 and COVID-19 Trading Update

The full Q3 2020 and COVID-19 Trading Update can be found here.

Q3 2020

Download the image above to use for your publication.

Download image

Q3 2020 summary

  • Processed volume of €77 billion in Q3 2020: up 26% year-on-year.

  • Net revenue of €169.4 million: up 25% year-on-year.

  • EBITDA of €101.2 million: up 24% year-on-year.

  • EBITDA margin was 60%, as we continue to invest in Adyen for the long term.

  • Free cash flow conversion ratio of 95%, with CapEx remaining <5% of net revenue.

Building Adyen for the long term

“The Trading Update in Q1 of this year may have been a little out of character for us, with our half-yearly reporting intervals lining up well with our long-term outlook. However, the COVID-19 pandemic still dominates lives and businesses across the globe. Therefore, we feel it’s appropriate to also provide more color around the evolution of volumes for Q3 – with some regions now back-to-business, and others still experiencing stricter measures. Our focus continues to be on helping our merchants navigate this pandemic and its impact on society”, said Ingo Uytdehaage, Adyen’s CFO.

Historical figures have been adjusted since prior publications of results, please see the full Trading Update for a more extensive accounting adjustment.

This press release contains information that qualifies, or may qualify, as inside information within the meaning of Article 7(1) of the EU Market Abuse Regulation.

About Adyen

Adyen is the payments platform of choice for many of the world’s leading companies, providing a modern end-to-end infrastructure connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods. Adyen delivers frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. With offices across the world, Adyen serves customers including Facebook, Uber, Spotify, Casper, Bonobos and L'Oréal.