This is Adyen
Speed is the foundation of our company. We think fast. We work fast. We launch fast. Our merchants’ demands shape our development path, and we never stop until the job is done. We’re creating our own path, with a global team driving sustainable growth. We don’t do hierarchy, egos or boundaries. “Not possible” is not in our vocabulary — “freedom” is. This is who we are: honest, direct and always bringing an element of fun into our work. If you’re ready to join the power of fast, keep reading.
Technical Support Engineer
Adyen is looking for a driven and curious Technical Support Engineer, with 1-2 years of experience to strengthen our growth in Australia and New Zealand. Within our team in Sydney, you will be the first point of contact for our merchants across the globe, working with multiple teams, such as Sales, Account Management and (Product) Development. You'll have autonomy in your role and ownership to improve and speak up, and - hopefully - have a lot of fun while doing it.
What you’ll do
- Provide our customers - merchants - with all the help and tools they need in order to successfully take payments anywhere in the world.
- Be a key source of knowledge on the Adyen platform and APIs, the underlying web-stack technologies, and industry-standard integration methods and best practices.
- Support merchant technical personnel, leveraging knowledge and expertise to troubleshoot technical problems and create the best possible merchant experience.
- Advising merchants regarding the best implementation practices and also address specific merchants’ issues.
- Serving as a feedback loop for the organization, gathering merchant’s feedback, evaluating merchant needs, and communicating these to product and management personnel.
- This position is based in Sydney and reports to the Head of Global Support based out of Singapore.
Who you are
- You love to provide technical assistance to merchants and troubleshooting via phone, web-based tools and email.
- You make quick informed decisions under pressure and prioritise appropriately based on urgency, necessity and both internal and external requests.
- You are creative and innovative, have strong problem-solving capabilities and are able to adapt to new processes and procedures quickly while dealing with many varied technical requests.
- You are committed and you have demonstrated an ability to maintain high levels of productivity while working independently.
- You’ve had previous exposure to environments rich in uncertainty and you show a resulting track record of successfully dealing with ambiguity.
- You have the ability to interfacing seamlessly with a global, multicultural team (excellent relationship skills, culturally aware, adjust your communication style to audiences).
- You are fluent in English. For non-native English speakers you need to prove you have full professional or bilingual proficiency.
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for many of the world’s leading companies, providing a modern end-to-end infrastructure connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods. Adyen delivers frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. With offices across the world, Adyen serves customers including Facebook, Uber, Spotify, Casper, Bonobos and L'Oreal.
Ready to meet us?
If this role looks like your next challenge, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you!