You may not have heard of Adyen but we have likely touched your life…if you buy your shoes online, listen to music on your phone, watch videos on your TV, or use a ride hailing app to get around – Adyen has probably processed your payment. We are one of the few European headquartered unicorns, working with the world’s leading brands across the retail, travel and digital industries worldwide.
We are looking for an Sales Support / Underwriting Analyst focused on our Asia Pacific merchant base. You will be part of our regional HQ team in Singapore working closely with Sales, Account Management, Support, Compliance and Finance. In this role you will be responsible for reviewing and qualifying potential and existing merchants. Part of this role is also to facilitate our growth by scaling internal processes and focus on continuous optimization and automation.
To succeed in this role you like to take ownership, are not afraid to make decisions on your own and take a structural approach to challenges. If you face a difficult situation you pick up the phone, call the person involved and take ownership.
Not having a 9-5 mentality means that you feel and understand when you need to go the extra mile(s).
- Gather information and review new merchant applications through various channels
- Perform risk assessment based on financial and non-financial information
- Setup and monitor procedures related to merchant onboarding and changes
- Execute merchant changes which require a change in KYC or have a financial impact
- Working closely together with Finance and Compliance to make sure we operate in line with their guidelines
- Innovate by working with our development team to further optimize our onboarding process
- Train new and existing colleagues around the onboarding procedure
- Support Sales and Account management in regards to new and existing merchants’ questions around onboarding, PCI and restricted products
- Provide support for periodical reviews and audits
- Extremely detail oriented and organized. Ideally experienced in underwriting or credit risk assessment
- You are able to teach yourself a broad range of new skills
- Natural sense of urgency, there is no tomorrow
- Efficiency is key
- High working pace
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge and understanding of AML, KYC and PCI
- Excellent written and verbal communication. English fluency required
- Outgoing, friendly, and fun
- Self starter and ability to thrive in start-up environment with minimal supervision
- Process oriented
Our company culture
At Adyen our people are our greatest asset. Our unique company culture attracts the smartest people, who take initiative & ownership, truly contributing to our exponential growth. We believe that people reach the utmost if we give them freedom, opportunities and responsibility to build Adyen. Our culture is very informal and direct. We talk straight without being rude. We are extremely customer centric. We believe in teamwork, and don’t like ego’s and hierarchy. When taking a decision we take them quickly but always involve others. We provide each other regular informal feedback and let everyone design their own growth path.
Adyen is a technology company that provides a single platform to accept payments anywhere in the world through any sales channel. Driven by a vision to improve customer experience, streamline processes, and ultimately increase revenue, Adyen enables businesses to process payments across online, mobile, and Point-of-Sale (POS) with over 250 payment methods in 187 transaction currencies. Over 3,500 businesses use the Adyen payment platform, including Facebook, Spotify, Grab, Evernote, Booking.com, Netflix, Abercrombie & Fitch, and Cathay Pacific. Adyen is headquartered in Amsterdam, with offices in San Francisco, São Paulo, Singapore, London, Paris, Berlin, Stockholm, Madrid, Sydney, Shanghai and New York.
We offer a competitive salary and great career opportunities within a global payments company. Become part of an international work environment and take your career to the next level.