Adyen is looking for a fresh, dynamic sales talent to continue to support and expand its Belgian sales team. This is an unmissable opportunity to join one of the hottest startups in Europe and help to build and evolve a highly successful, innovative and growing sales environment.
We are leading the way in Fintech, breaking down the barriers of the legacy incumbents and creating a refreshing, smarter, and simpler way for our merchants to succeed in global commerce. To continue to disrupt and build on the next stage of our growth we are looking for an ambitious sales person whose passion is to be in front of customers and close deals.
Ideally you will understand what a global acquirer is, how Bancontact, IDEAL or a POS works and how small businesses can drive conversion through a coherent payment strategy. Don’t worry if not, we can teach you that. Just bring along a winning attitude, will to learn and a ton of good ideas.
This position is based in Brussels and reports to the Belgium Country Manager.
The mid-market sales manager will ultimately be responsible for growing Belgium based mid-market revenue (companies with revenues between EUR 2 and EUR 20m for both in store and eCommerce opportunities via:
- Executing the BE mid-market sales strategy and supporting / helping generate marketing campaigns.
- Generating his / her own pipeline through evolving inbound sales leads and outbound cold calling.
- MSc or MBA in business or technical field a plus.
- Minimum 3-5 years of experience in a transactional sales role selling payments solutions or software based services.
- Demonstrable ability to develop rapport and solution sell into senior contacts within Belgian SME's.
- Proven territory development skills. Must be able to generate, qualify and close excellent new customer leads.
- Must have experience of working in a highly transactional environment, managing high volume pipeline and securing multiple deals per month.
- Ability to meet and exceed targets in the shape of KPIs and monthly revenue quota.
- Ability to respond effectively under pressure.
- High fluency in English, French and Flemish.
- Strong personality with commercial drive.
- Independent, self-motivator, intelligent, Entrepreneurial.
- Absolute determination to exceed targets.
- Preference to work in a dynamic entrepreneurial environment.
Adyen is a technology company that provides a single platform to accept payments anywhere in the world through any sales channel. Driven by a vision to improve customer experience, streamline processes, and ultimately increase revenue, Adyen enables businesses to process payments across online, mobile, and Point-of-Sale (POS) with over 250 payment methods in more than 150 transaction currencies. Over 4000 companies use the Adyen payment platform, including Facebook, Booking.com, Uber, Spotify, Groupon, Bijenkorf, Vodafone, Mango, KLM, and JustFab. Adyen is headquartered in Amsterdam, with offices in San Francisco, São Paulo, Singapore, London, Paris, Berlin, Stockholm, Madrid, and Boston.
Our company culture
At Adyen our people are our greatest asset. Our unique company culture attracts the smartest people, who take initiative & ownership and can truly contribute to our fast growth. We believe that people reach the utmost if we give them freedom, opportunities and responsibility to build Adyen. Our culture is very informal and direct. We talk straight without being rude. We are extremely customer centric. We believe in teamwork, and don’t like egos and hierarchy. When taking a decision we take them quickly but always involve others to further improve. We provide each other regular informal feedback and let everyone design their own growth path.
We offer a competitive salary and great career opportunities within a global payments company. Become part of an international work environment and take your career to the next level. Interested?