Adyen is seeking a self-driven, influential Program Manager to establish and expand mutually beneficial partnerships between Adyen and issuing banks.
This person will lower the barriers that traditionally exist between merchants, acquirers, card schemes, and issuing banks, resulting in a better payment experience for consumers, and longer customer retention for merchants.
- Build up partnerships with issuer (consumer) banks to make sure we optimize costs, authorization rates, data and risks
- Identify revenue-impacting payment friction caused by a lack of business alignment between merchants and issuing banks
- Develop novel, data-sourced technical and operational solutions in partnership with issuing banks to reduce false positive declines and extend customer lifetimes for merchants
- Establish a network of strategic issuing bank, issuer processor, and card scheme contacts to influence regulatory changes in payments
- Act as Adyen’s internal and external issuing bank subject matter expert
- Maintain Adyen’s reputation as a thought leader in payments at industry conferences and in the media
- History of creating productive partnerships between competing interests
- Clear understanding of the challenges of global e-commerce
- Skilled and credible communicator at every organizational level
- Gifted thought leader and experienced presenter
- Strong analytical skills. Pragmatic.
- High energy, Dynamic, hands-on self-starter with a proven commercial edge and entrepreneurial track record.
- At least 5 years work experience in business development or partnership management
- Education: Undergraduate degree; MBA a plus.
Adyen is a technology company that provides a single platform to accept payments anywhere in the world through any sales channel. Driven by a vision to improve customer experience, streamline processes, and ultimately increase revenue, Adyen enables businesses to process payments across online, mobile, and Point-of-Sale (POS) with over 250 payment methods in 187 transaction currencies. Over 3,500 businesses use the Adyen payment platform, including Facebook, Spotify, Groupon, Evernote, Booking.com, Yelp, Vodafone, Mango, Abercrombie & Fitch, O’Neill, and KLM. Adyen is headquartered in Amsterdam, with offices in San Francisco, São Paulo, Singapore, London, Paris, Berlin, Stockholm, Madrid, and Boston.
Our company culture
At Adyen our people are our greatest asset. Our unique company culture attracts the smartest people, who take initiative & ownership and can truly contribute to our fast growth. We believe that people reach the utmost if we give them freedom, opportunities and responsibility to build Adyen. Our culture is very informal and direct. We talk straight without being rude. We are extremely customer centric. We believe in teamwork, and don’t like egos and hierarchy. When taking a decision we take them quickly but always involve others to further improve. We provide each other regular informal feedback and let everyone design their own growth path.
We offer a competitive salary and great career opportunities within a global payments company. Become part of an international work environment and take your career to the next level. Please make sure you describe what your initial approach would be in this role.