We are looking for an Underwriting Analyst focused on our Latin American merchant base. You will be part of the Underwriting team in São Paulo and will work closely with Sales, Account Management, Support, Compliance and Finance.
In this role you will be responsible for reviewing potential and existing clients from various perspectives. As a highly regulated company we need to adhere to various rules and regulations and make sure we grow our business with a healthy portfolio of merchants. After the Sales Manager has made a deal with a new client, this client will submit all sorts of information to Adyen, which has to be reviewed and screened by you to make sure it is according to rules and regulations.
Part of this role is also to facilitate our growth by scaling internal processes and focus on continuous optimization and automation.
To succeed in this role you like to take ownership, are not afraid to make decisions on your own and take a structural approach to challenges. If you face a difficult situation you pick up the phone, call the person involved and take ownership.
Not having a 9-5 mentality means that you feel and understand when you need to go the extra mile(s).
- Gather information and review new merchant applications through various channels
- Perform risk assessment based on financial and non-financial information
- Setup, monitor and improve procedures related to merchant onboarding and changes
- Execute periodic merchant changes which require a change in legal or screening documentation or have a financial impact
- Working closely together with Finance and Compliance to make sure we operate in line with their guidelines, as well as with card scheme rules
- Send reports to the card schemes related to PCI and compliance rules
- Innovate by working with our development team to further optimize our onboarding process
- Train new and existing colleagues around the onboarding procedure
- Support Sales and Account management in regards to new and existing
merchants’ questions around onboarding, PCI and restricted products
- Provide support for periodical reviews and audits
- Monitor High Value Transactions and report on them internally and monitor on suspicious activities according to Central Bank regulations.
- Extremely detail oriented and organized
- High working pace and ability to set the right priorities
- Excellent written and verbal communication. English fluency required, Spanish is appreciated
- Self starter and ability to thrive in start-up environment with minimal supervision
- Ideally experienced in underwriting, legal or compliance roles
- You are able to teach yourself a broad range of new skills
- Natural sense of urgency, there is no tomorrow
- Efficiency is key
- Strong analytical skills
- Knowledge and understanding of AML, KYC and PCI is an added value.
- Outgoing, friendly, and fun
- Process oriented