Adyen is looking for a highly motivated Senior Account Manager for the Account Management team in San Francisco. As product and industry experts, our Account Managers are strategic assets to their merchants. They focus first and foremost on understanding the unique needs of a merchant and delivering insight and solutions that meet those needs. As such, they accept end-to-end responsibility for the success and satisfaction of the merchants in their care.
At Adyen our people are our greatest asset. Our unique company culture attracts the smartest people, who take initiative & ownership and can truly contribute to our fast growth. We believe that people reach the utmost if we give them freedom, opportunities and responsibility to build Adyen. Our culture is very informal and direct. We talk straight without being rude. We are extremely customer centric. We believe in teamwork, and don’t like egos and hierarchy. When taking a decision we take them quickly but always involve others to further improve. We provide each other regular informal feedback and let everyone design their own growth path.
- Strategic Consultation: Proactively assesses, clarifies, and validates customer needs on an ongoing basis. Acts as the human dimension of Adyen’s product, delivering expertise, education, and guidance to merchants as they craft and execute on a comprehensive, global payments strategy.
- Relationship Management: Establishes productive, professional relationships with key personnel at one’s merchants and leverages those relationships to drive the best possible merchant experience.
- Project Management: Coordinates the deployment of Adyen personnel and resources in, and manages the execution of, any internal project pertaining to his/her merchants.
- Collaboration: Works with individuals and teams across the organization to ensure the best possible merchant experience and to develop his/herself and his/her colleagues professionally.
- Feedback: Serves as a feedback loop for the organization, gathering merchant’s feedback, evaluating the evolution of merchant needs, and communicating these to product and management personnel.
- Portfolio Growth: By focusing on meeting merchant needs, meets strategic and financial targets for assigned merchant accounts. Continually reevaluates his/her success through the use of strategic account plans, internal reporting, and merchant feedback.
- Motivation: Inspired by the potential for innovation in the payments space, and passionate in his/her drive to push boundaries and create value.
- Experience: 5+ years experience in a professional setting in the Payment industry with the skills and polish to prove it. (Explicit experience in account management or a related field of practice is a significant plus.)
- Flexibility: Previous exposure to environments rich in uncertainty and a resulting track record of successfully dealing with ambiguity.
- Execution: A strategic thinker with excellent project management skills and the ability to lead and manage time-sensitive, cross-functional initiatives in a fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial environment with little supervision.
- Communication: Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships at all levels of management, both inside and outside of Adyen.
- Global Perspective: Ability to interfacing seamlessly with a global, multicultural team (excellent collaboration skills, culturally sensitive, adjusts his or her communication style to audiences).
- Results Oriented: Proven record of high performance managing complex initiatives to achieve outstanding results. An intuitive understanding of the importance of data in understanding trends, providing actionable insights, and tracking the success of those initiatives.
- Leadership: Proven experience leading by example (exhibiting integrity, enthusiasm, and commitment) and fostering collaboration throughout organizations.
Adyen is a technology company that provides a single platform to accept payments anywhere in the world through any sales channel. Driven by a vision to improve customer experience, streamline processes, and ultimately increase revenue, Adyen enables businesses to process payments across online, mobile, and Point-of-Sale (POS) with over 250 payment methods in 187 transaction currencies. Over 3,500 businesses use the Adyen payment platform, including Facebook, Airbnb, Spotify, Groupon, Evernote, Booking.com, Yelp, Vodafone, Mango, Abercrombie & Fitch, O’Neill, and KLM. Adyen is headquartered in Amsterdam, with offices in San Francisco, New York, São Paulo, Singapore, London, Paris, Berlin, Stockholm, Madrid, and Shanghai.