The VX 820 is the preferred choice for Adyen’s high–end customers with a fixed checkout point.
It is Verifone’s flagship countertop terminal. A physical connection (Ethernet or serial) secures the fastest and most reliable communication to the POS.
The VX 820 is fully part of Adyen’s omnichannel offering, and includes the following features:
- Supported by all Adyen libraries (Windows, iOS and Android)
- Uses point-to-point encryption
- Capable of DCC
- Supports cross-channel and cross-country refunds, shopper recognition, in-transaction loyalty opportunities, and other advanced cross-channel use cases.
It is pre-certified with Adyen acquiring and ready for deployment in all European countries and the US through a single integration.
Schemes and regional coverage
Pre–certified with Adyen acquiring for Europe and the United States*
Windows, iOS, and Android
(all standard Adyen POS libraries)
Hardware certifications (selection):
- PCI PTS 3.X
- EMV Level I & II
- Display: 3.5” QVGA resistive color touchscreen
- Dimensions: 173x87x25mm (6.8x3.4x1.0 inch)
- Weight: 308 grams/0.68lbs (excluding cables)
- Memory: 160MB (128MB Flash, 32MB SDRAM)
- Processor: 400 MHz ARM11 32–bit RISC
- Card readers:
- Triple track MSR
- Printer: No integrated printer
- Connectivity: Ethernet or Serial*
- Power: 5–12VDC, 3.8W maximum consumption
*Adyen strongly recommends using Ethernet connectivity, due to its superior speed and performance with a number of Operating Systems.
What’s in the box
- VX 820 pin pad (generic keypad)
- Power supply
- VX 820 Power Cord (EU, UK, or the US)
- Silver medium profile privacy shield
Integrated Ethernet/RS232 cable 1m (40inch) and dongle (Ethernet cable not included)
Integrated Ethernet/RS232 cable 1m (40inch) and dongle
RS232 to Serial cable (Windows)
Adyen accessories (optional):
- Dongle ethernet & serial
Adyen’s payment solution is only compatible with payment terminals provided by Adyen.
All Adyen terminals are prepared in an environment secured in accordance with the applicable PCI DSS security standard and are shipped with Adyen payment terminal software pre-installed and Adyen’s security keys included. Terminals provided by Adyen can only be used in combination with Adyen’s end-to-end payment solution. Extended warranty options available. Please refer to your merchant agreement or Adyen support for more information.
*For Amex some countries restrictions apply, please contact Adyen for details.