Adyen gives merchants access to more than 87 local card acquirers and 250 alternative payment methods throughout the world, and delivers this on a single technical platform. The breadth of this offering makes for truly complex and nuanced integrations, making the Implementation Engineer role a critical ingredient for building successful relationships with our merchants. In this role, you will be the technical guru navigating the engineering needs of the world’s biggest brands. This means owning the integration process from initial scoping through development to a successful go-live while being the key point of contact for the delivery of products and solutions. You’ll partner closely with our sales and account management teams, as well as our development and technical support teams in order to design and deliver the best implementations for our customers.
- Share your expertise on the payment industry and use your knowledge about Adyen’s APIs to guide developers and payment engineers on the merchant-side to a successful production integration
- Work on integration of cutting edge technologies or guide merchants’ old legacy platforms to the future of payment solutions
- Manage the client on-boarding process from scoping to testing and go-live
- Develop and enforce project plans in coordination with internal and external stakeholders
- Serve as the first line of support for merchants throughout the implementation process
- Serve as a feedback loop for the organization, gathering merchant’s feedback, evaluating merchant needs, and communicating this feedback to product and management personnel
- Help manage documentation and sales collateral
- A passion for the payments space
- Degree or background in computer science, MIS, IT
- Experience managing client relationships, gathering technical requirements, and project planning/management
- You’re comfortable navigating environments rich in uncertainty with a corresponding track record of successfully dealing with ambiguity
- You’re an individual with the ability to work quickly and independently who thrives on taking ownership; you’re also not afraid to involve experts when your project demands it
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to work collaboratively with a global, multicultural team
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world’s leading companies. The only provider of a modern end-to-end infrastructure connecting directly to Visa, MasterCard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods, Adyen delivers frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store. With offices all around the world, Adyen serves more than 4,500 businesses, including 8 of the 10 largest U.S. Internet companies. Customers include Facebook, Uber, Netflix, Spotify, L'Oreal and Burberry.