Adyen is looking for a senior payments professional with the experience and passion to help drive strategic and operational conversations with the global card brands and our financial banking partners to help our overall merchant base. This role is based in the San Francisco office on our Partnerships team.
As the ultimate multi-tasker, you will be responsible for a wide range of responsibilities central to developing and promoting Adyen within the major card brands and our financial partners. You will be focused on developing relationships with these partners and addressing tactical operational issues and opportunities related to their products that affect our merchants. You will focus on working with our product and partnerships teams on formulation and implementation of various card related projects. As such, the ideal candidate thrives on a multifaceted environment, wearing many hats to help Adyen achieve the goals and objectives that directly affect our merchants.
- Relationship Management: Developing and managing commercial relationships including contract negotiation with the global card brands and financial institutions for Adyen from both a US and global perspective.
- Operations Management: Working with the global card brands and financial institutions that support Adyen and our business on a day-to-day basis to resolve operational issues that affect our merchant base.
- Goal Setting: Developing short term and long-term development goals for our partners, setting goals that are realistic for implementation and ensuring resources are allocated to meet those goals internally and externally.
- Business Development: Strategically outlining Adyen’s KPIs for products, and working with our partners to help meet our goals. Able to hold our partners accountable. Able to speak to KPIs and act accordingly to ensure continued success by working with cross-functional partners across the company and externally to achieve success.
- Strategic Merchant and Industry Outreach: Serves as an expert resource both internally and externally on strategic topics related to our global card brand partners, including interactions with highly strategic merchants and industry events, comfortable with public speaking and presentations before high-level executives.
- Global Card Brand Experience: Must have worked at or with one of the large global brands (Visa, MasterCard, American Express, Discover) in a strategic capacity either in a business development or partnerships role.
- Project Management: Experience working on projects with multiple stakeholders and the ability to hold all parties accountable both internally and externally.
- Global E-Commerce Foundation: Clear understanding of the challenges of global e-commerce and the various components that are required of a merchant to be successful across regions
- Global Perspective: Ability to interface seamlessly with a global, multicultural team and the openness to meet with the core team in Amsterdam as needed (excellent collaboration skills, culturally sensitive, adjusts his or her communication style to audiences).
- Education: At least 5 years of working experience and undergraduate degree; MBA a plus