Ordering a pizza? Buying a pair of trainers? Watching a movie? Chances are Adyen is handling your payment. We are a fast-growing technology company, delivering seamless payment experiences to customers around the world. Driven by a vision to improve customer experience, streamline processes, and ultimately increase revenue, we enable businesses to process payments across online, mobile, and Point-of-Sale (POS) with over 250 payment methods in 187 transaction currencies all over the world. Over 5,000 businesses use the Adyen payment platform, including Facebook, Uber, Netflix, Spotify, Groupon and Booking.com.
We are at the forefront of the global technology scene, providing our services to the world's leading innovative companies. We work in close partnership with these companies to ensure they are always ahead of the game. Guided by Fintech's most experienced engineers, we need your advanced system and network skills on various projects (e.g. the set up and educate new users, assisting colleagues with all kind of questions, optimizing hardware processes) and for keeping our in-house developed platform in top shape.
As a Desktop Engineer you like to combine your technical and soft skills to solve other people’s challenges. Nothing gives you more energy then creating a solution by using your technical skills. In your spare time you like to play around with technologies and work on your side projects.
We would like to add technical talent to our skilled Infrastructure team in Amsterdam. You:
- Have hands-on experience with the following technologies: Linux based systems/ servers and Mac laptops
- Are a team player, able to make quick informed decisions and open to feedback
- Have the mind-set to automate and avoid repetitive tasks
- Able to communicate fluent in English
- Able to handle pressure
- Have a solid understanding of scripting, networking, firewall and command line
- Deep interest in IT security
You like to:
- Develop your skillset and learn on the fly
- Get guidance from skilled colleagues
- Solve problems
- Work in a technical high challenging role
- Diagnose problems and support a dynamic environment
- Work with leading edge technology on a platform that was build in house, from the ground up
- Share knowledge with colleagues and companies all around the world
- Handle the freedom and responsibility to make your own decisions
The impact you will have
You will work on challenging projects and automating of different manual tasks. You will solve hard technical problems effectively and find the right balance between elegant solutions and time-to-market. You will assist colleagues in foreign offices (like Singapore, Brazil and San Francisco). As a self-starter you like to get your hands dirty and have an impact from day one. You will be part of a highly challenging technical environment and get the opportunities to pick your own projects.
Our company culture
Our people are our greatest asset. Our unique company culture attracts the smartest people, who take initiative & ownership and can truly contribute to our fast growth. We believe that you are able to reach the utmost if we give you freedom, opportunities and responsibility to build Adyen. Our culture is very informal and direct. We believe in teamwork, and don’t like egos and hierarchy. When taking a decision we take them quickly but always involve others to further improve. We provide each other regular informal feedback and let everyone design their own growth path.
Want to grow your career and make an impact from day one?
We offer a competitive salary, knowledge sharing internal events, exchange program to other offices and great career opportunities. Become part of an international work environment and take your career to the next level!