If you subscribe to our products and/ or services from us (and/or our partners) sign up to become one of our customers by entering into an agreement with Adyen, we collect the relevant information required by us to establish and perform a contract with you and/or provide our products or services to you, through our partners, including your Personal Information such as contact information, address, ID documentation, tax information and payment details. We use this information to set up our products and services for you, including to provide you with support and also for onboarding and integration of merchants or partners to our platform. onboarding, integration to our platform, helping you with settings in the Adyen Customer Area, and other actions which need to be taken to establish or perform our contract with you. In addition, we use your information for our legitimate interest of managing our internal administration and for complying with our legal obligations, such as KYC and taxation obligations.
We also collect data about your use of our products and services and your customer area account, including your login details, and the questions, queries, comments and complaints you send us in relation to our business relationship. We process this data to be able to perform our contract with you by following up with you and providing you with support and for our legitimate interest of being able to optimize and improve our products and services.
We can also use your (company) e-mail address for: keeping you up-to-date with our products and services; making you offers tailored to your needs (meaning similar products and services you have already purchased from us); or inviting you to events. We have an obligation to act in compliance with national and international laws, regulations and sanctions and to prevent fraud, money laundering and financing terrorism. As we are active in the financial sector, we are not allowed to accept just any customer without checking them and we have to determine and report when suspicious transactions take place. Therefore, if you are applying to become one of our customers and during the performance of our agreement, we will need to collect up to date information and documents to:
- Verify your identity;
- Identify the ultimate beneficial owners of your business;
- Identify the purpose and intended nature of your future business relationship with us;
- Monitor your behavior and transactions using automated systems which detect risks and verify the origins of your capital/assets;
- Check whether a natural person representing you is competent to do so (and verify the identity of this person); and
- Check whether you act on behalf of yourself or on behalf of a third party.
To carry out the above checks, we will require certain documents and information (including officially verified documents, Aadhaar number etc.) as may be prescribed under the Indian legal framework. To this end, we process the information (including Personal Information) that you have provided to.us and other information created by your use of the Adyen services. which may include your Personal Information such as name, your contact information, a copy of your identification document, the address of your legal representative and shareholders, your bank account number, information contained in correspondence between us, bank statements, your signature and an extract of your company registration document. We may use third party identification and verification services in order to assist us to verify your identity and the documents provided to Adyen.
We use this data to ensure the safety and integrity of the financial sector by aiming to identify, prevent and counter illegal conduct and to comply with our legal know-your-customer and anti-money laundering obligations.
Adyen may use automated decision-making, including profiling, when we enter into, or for the performance of, a contract with you or our partners to provide you our products and/ services, where allowed by applicable laws or if based on your consent. If this decision would produce legal effects or otherwise similarly significantly affect you, you have the right to obtain human intervention, express your point of view or to contest the decision based solely on automated processing, including profiling.
Adyen processes your Personal Information for the following purposes:
- To provide you with the services pursuant to any agreement between and yourself;
- To improve our products and services;
- To comply with applicable laws and regulations;
- To conduct analysis for statistical, strategic and scientific purposes;
- To protect our platform, systems and services from misuse, fraud, financial crimes or other unauthorized or illegal activity including the prevention, investigation and detection of (payment) fraud on the basis of legitimate interest; and
- For reporting and training purposes.
- When Adyen has processed your transaction