Adyen is looking for full-time System Engineers (all levels) for its Infrastructure & Operations team in Amsterdam. The ideal candidate should have a solid Linux background with broad systems experience, learn on the fly, diagnose problems and be used to supporting a 24/7 environment. Your advanced system and network skills will be utilized on various projects and for keeping our in-house developed platform in top shape.
- Technology: The candidate must be proficient and have real world and hands-on experience with the following technologies: Linux, Apache, Tomcat, Load balancing, Monitoring, Firewalls, Networks, Network security protocols, databases and more.
- Experience: At least 5 years experience working in a production, Linux-based environment and 5 years personal experience supporting open source software. Minimum 5+ years of system configuration and administration, core operating systems expertise, including network setup and maintenance, network security and file systems.
- Knowledge: Solid understanding of load balancing, horizontal scaling, UNIX-related network services, TCP/IP networking, DNS and HTTP(s), network security.
- Mentality: Team player who is open to feedback. Able to work in a 24/7 environment, make quick informed decisions and handle pressure.
- Mind-set: Have the mind-set to automate and avoid repetitive tasks
- Language: Fluent in English.
- Relocation: Is possible.
Adyen is a technology company that provides a single platform to accept payments anywhere in the world through any sales channel. Driven by a vision to improve customer experience, streamline processes, and ultimately increase revenue, Adyen enables businesses to process payments across online, mobile, and Point-of-Sale (POS) with over 250 payment methods in 187 transaction currencies. Over 3,500 businesses use the Adyen payment platform, including Facebook, Spotify, Groupon, Evernote, Booking.com, Yelp, Vodafone, Mango, Abercrombie & Fitch, O’Neill, and KLM. Adyen is headquartered in Amsterdam, with offices in San Francisco, São Paulo, Singapore, London, Paris, Berlin, Stockholm, Madrid, and Boston.
We offer a competitive salary and great career opportunities within a global payments company. Become part of an international work environment and take your career to the next level.
Our company culture
At Adyen our people are our greatest asset. Our unique company culture attracts the smartest people, who take initiative & ownership and can truly contribute to our fast growth. We believe that people reach the utmost if we give them freedom, opportunities and responsibility to build Adyen. Our culture is very informal and direct. We talk straight without being rude. We are extremely customer centric. We believe in teamwork, and don’t like egos and hierarchy. When taking a decision we take them quickly but always involve others to further improve. We provide each other regular informal feedback and let everyone design their own growth path.