Adyen is a very fast growing, high tech company with a unique company culture. We attract the smartest people, who take initiative & ownership and can truly contribute to our fast growth.
At Adyen our people are our greatest asset. Our unique company culture attracts the smartest people, who take initiative & ownership and can truly contribute to our fast growth. We believe that people reach the utmost if we give them freedom, opportunities and responsibility to build Adyen. Our culture is very informal and direct. We talk straight without being rude. We are extremely customer centric. We believe in teamwork, and don’t like egos and hierarchy. When taking a decision we take them quickly but always involve others to further improve. We provide each other regular informal feedback and let everyone design their own growth path.
Do you want to be a key player in the international growth of Adyen and be part of this unique culture?
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a GL Accountant to join the Group Finance team.
The GL accountant will report to the Head of Finance. The role is ‘hands on’ and the successful candidate will be responsible for day-to-day management of the financial function of the business.
- Handle daily accounting functions including manage AR, invoicing, collection, AP management, general ledger update and cash management;
- Have co-responsibility for month end closing;
- Act as a contact person for clients and vendors with regards to inbound and outbound invoices and payments;
- Improve and strengthen the accounting processes to ensure effective financial and accounting control;
- Help with tax and regulatory compliance filings;
- Develop, implement, review, monitor and analyse initiatives for the business to meet its continuous improvement targets;
- Bachelor (or higher) degree in Accounting / Economics / Business administration;
- Preferably 2 to 5 years of experience in an accounting/admin role;
- Strong analytical skills, detail oriented and multi-tasking skills;
- Independent, initiative, innovative;
- Able to set priorities and work under pressure;
- Fluent in both written and spoken English;
- Strong Excel skills and financial systems skills.