Do you like to work on the nitty gritty, but also to look at the bigger picture? Do you love to break down complex text in easy into understand content? Are you able to shift focus and tone according to different audiences?
We are looking for someone who understands the technical details and can write documentation for developers interested in integrating with our APIs.
You will be part of our development team, based in Amsterdam. Here, you will get familiar with and work on the payment industry's most advanced and robust platform. To be as effective as possible, Adyen gives its employees the freedom to make their own decisions. We do not micro-manage, in return we expect ownership and quality.
You like to:
- Write technical documentation for our external developer audience, such as API reference docs and developer guides.
- Deliver clear and concise documentation in simple and easy-to-read English.
- Gather information from the development team and subject matter experts on their subjects and on the web.
- Support design and layout.
- Coordinate the publication process.
- Support translation efforts for technical documents and marketing materials.
- A great collaborator with developers.
- Someone who likes to take ownership.
- Good in working at the forefront of the market.
- Comfortable in producing quick results in a fast-paced environment.
The impact you will have:
As a Technical Writer at Adyen you have ownership of developer products and support some of the world's most popular brands like, including Facebook, Spotify, Groupon, Evernote, Booking.com, Netflix, Transferwise, Abercrombie & Fitch, O’Neill, and KLM.
You write conceptual documentation, detailed developer guides, code samples, API references, and other online materials. You have a lot of influence on content, documentation strategy, user experience, and tooling. If you want to make improvements, you can and will.
- Education: Academic, preferably IT / Computer Science related.
- Experience with Confluence or a similar CMS.
- Experience with Swagger, Doxygen, DITA/DocBook, Markdown FrameMaker, or similar tools.
- Near native level English writing skills.
- Programming experience is a plus!