Ordering a pizza? Buying a pair of trainers? Watching a movie? Chances are Adyen is handling your payment. We are a fast-growing technology company, delivering seamless payment experiences to customers around the world. Adyen is driven by a vision to improve customer experience, streamline processes, and ultimately increase our customer’s revenue. We help businesses process payments across online, mobile, and Point-of-Sale (POS) with over 250 payment methods in 187 currencies worldwide. Over 5,000 businesses use the Adyen payment platform, including Facebook, Netflix, Spotify, Groupon, Evernote, Booking.com, Yelp, Vodafone, Mango, Abercrombie & Fitch, O’Neill, and KLM. We are headquartered in Amsterdam, with offices around the globe.
We are leaders in the global technology scene, and we provide our services to the world's leading innovative companies. We partner closely with these companies to ensure they are always ahead of the game. Guided by Fintech's most experienced designers, we need you to contribute to the customer-facing component of our unique platform that processes billions of transactions.
We would like to add design talent to our skilled team in Amsterdam.
Skills & Requirements
- Are a true ambassador of User Experience Design.
- Have a solid understanding of Human Centered Design principles and modern UI patterns.
- Skilled with Impeccable skills in relevant software packages (Sketch, framer, the Adobe Creative Suite, etc.).
- Have the confidence to add the wow-factor to Adyen’s design to enhance the user experience.
- Possess exceptional communication skills; the ability to clearly explain design decisions to anyone in the company.
- A team player; working together with other developers, designers, marketing and the UX team.
- Are Self-disciplined and passionate about working in a fast-paced environment while managing and prioritizing goals.
- Are able to communicate in English.
What you will be doing
- Work with stakeholders, product owners and development team to grow new concepts and improve existing products.
- Articulate creative, user-centric, interactive solutions through screen flows and interactive prototypes.
- Discuss, review, and test your design with users to see if it meets business goals and effectively incorporate this feedback into your design.
- Work with leading edge technology on a platform that was build in house, from the ground up.
- Share knowledge with colleagues and companies all around the world.
- Have the freedom and responsibility to make your own decisions in a fast pace environment.
The impact you will have
As a UX Designer you will be responsible for bridging business goals, technical requirements, design guidelines, and user needs in order to design the user experience. You will work within small, cross-functional teams and lead design from concept to completion, working closely with product managers, software engineers, other designers, and UX researchers throughout the entire product development process. Adyen offers a wealth of opportunities to develop yourself and your career across work streams and office locations.
Our company culture
Our people are our greatest asset. Our unique company culture attracts the smartest people, who take initiative & ownership and can truly contribute to our fast growth. We believe that you are able to reach the utmost if we give you freedom, opportunities and responsibility. Our culture is very informal and direct. We believe in teamwork, and don’t like egos and hierarchy. We take decisions quickly but always involve others to further improve (what do we want to say here?). We provide each other with regular informal feedback and let everyone determine their own growth path.
Want to grow your career and make an impact from day one?
We offer a competitive salary, knowledge-sharing internal events, an exchange program to other offices, help with relocation and great career opportunities. Become part of an international work environment and take your career to the next level!