Adyen is among the world’s most innovative and fast growing technology companies, working with leading Silicon Valley companies and some of the greatest retail brands globally.
As part of the global marketing team, the US Marketing Manager for Retail will build and strengthen Adyen’s position as a market leader. This role will develop and execute on marketing programs to build awareness and familiarity that will fuel growth and help achieve company targets.
The ideal candidate will be able to traverse a wide range of programs with ease and fluidity. Integrated marketing experience, brand and messaging strategy, offline advertising, research experience and end-to-end digital marketing know-how are a must.
You will be the ultimate owner for developing integrated marketing programs, including demand generation. This role reports into the SVP of US Marketing in San Francisco.
- Inspire new thinking and creative ways to establish Adyen’s US leadership position in the payments market
- Build retail campaign strategies, value propositions and messaging, advertising programs, and content strategies that drive results
- Ensure campaigns meet defined KPIs
- Work with customers and partners to showcase their innovative use of product technologies through events, case studies and video
- Analyze and optimize marketing generated pipeline from campaigns. Partner with sales development to ensure leads are followed up with in a timely manner
- Champion the latest marketing trends, technologies and marketing platforms to support go-to-market efforts. Be able to manage 1st party research initiatives and glean relevant data points through third party sources
- Partner with global teams to share knowledge, develop best practices and achieve efficiencies to contribute to a one-Adyen presence worldwide
- 6+ years of experience
- Bachelor's degree
- Proven creative thinker that can generate and execute on innovative "breakout" marketing ideas for integrated campaigns and events
- Excellent writing, presentation and oral communication skills
- Ability to tell a story with data, and articulate what’s working/what’s not, and set a vision for how we’ll further evolve our campaigns approach
- Strong project management skills
- Good collaboration skills
- High energy, passionate, innovative, creative
- A sense of humor
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally, 20%
We are Adyen
We are Adyen, the technology company that provides businesses with a single solution to accept payments anywhere in the world. The only provider of a modern end-to-end infrastructure connecting merchants directly to Visa, MasterCard, and 250 other payment methods globally, in over 150 currencies. Driven by a vision to improve customer experience, streamline processes and ultimately increase our merchants revenue, Adyen delivers frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store. Headquartered in Amsterdam and San Francisco, with offices across North America, South America, Europe, Asia and Australia, Adyen serves more than 4,500 businesses, including 7 of the 10 largest U.S. Internet companies. Customers include Facebook, Uber, Airbnb, Netflix, Spotify, Dropbox, Evernote, Booking.com, Yelp, Vodafone, Superdry, Mango, Crocs, O’Neill, SoundCloud, KLM and JustFab.
At Adyen our people are our greatest asset. Our unique company culture attracts the smartest people, who take initiative & ownership and can truly contribute to our fast growth. We believe that people reach the utmost if we give them freedom, opportunities and responsibility to build Adyen.
Our culture is very informal and direct. We talk straight without being rude. We are extremely customer centric. We believe in teamwork, and don’t like egos and hierarchy. When making a decision we make them quickly but always involve others to further improve. We provide each other regular informal feedback and let everyone design their own growth path.
Founded in 2006, Adyen’s is growing at an incredible pace, with a processing volume of $50 billion in 2015. Its rapid growth and enormous potential has attracted investment from across the world. Most recently, it was valued at $2.3 billion following an investment from Iconiq Capital last year, which followed a $250 million investment round in December 2014 from General Atlantic, Felicis Ventures, Temasek, and Index Ventures.