Adyen is looking for an International Payroll Specialist. This is a position, which is full-time position based in our Headquarters in Amsterdam, the Netherlands. As an International Payroll Specialist you will be part of the finance team, consisting of 9 colleagues who manage payroll for our offices in San Francisco, São Paulo, Singapore, London, Paris, Berlin, Stockholm, Madrid, and New York. You will be reporting to the Finance Manager, who is based in Amsterdam.
Your main responsibilities:
- Be responsible for the maintenance and preparation of payrolls. The employment mutations are provided by HR team and employees in the various countries;
- Coordinate and finalize payrolls for payment approvals with the support of third party stakeholders;
- Ensure efficient and high-quality execution of payroll processes and meet the deadlines;
- Ensure compliance of all statutory payroll related tax filings and payments are made;
- Prepare monthly payroll reconciliations;
- Develop ad hoc financial and operational reports as needed;
- Attend to payroll specific queries from employees;
- Safeguard payroll procedures & internal controls and support requests from audit partner;
- Undertake any ad hoc projects, as required.
- Minimum 1 years of experience working in an international payroll/accounting environment;
- Experience managing internal and external stakeholders;
- Preferably experience in payroll for Europe and Middle East region (France and/or German payroll experience);
- Ability to work effectively as an individual and as a team member;
- Ability to manage fast pace environment;
- Ability to take ownership of payroll processes;
- Proactive approach towards issues;
- Excellent organizational skills;
- High level of Dutch and English, both written and spoken;
- A high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
Adyen is a technology company that provides a single platform to accept payments anywhere in the world through any sales channel. Driven by a vision to improve customer experience, streamline processes, and ultimately increase revenue, Adyen enables businesses to process payments across online, mobile, and Point-of-Sale (POS) with over 250 payment methods in more than 150 transaction currencies. Over 4000 companies use the Adyen payment platform, including Facebook, Airbnb, Booking.com, Uber, Spotify, Groupon, Bijenkorf, Vodafone, Mango, KLM, and JustFab. Adyen is headquartered in Amsterdam, with offices in San Francisco, São Paulo, Singapore, London, Paris, Berlin, Stockholm, Madrid, and Boston.
Our company culture
At Adyen our people are our greatest asset. Our unique company culture attracts the smartest people, who take initiative & ownership and can truly contribute to our fast growth. We believe that people reach the utmost if we give them freedom, opportunities and responsibility to build Adyen. Our culture is very informal and direct. We talk straight without being rude. We are extremely customer centric. We believe in teamwork, and don’t like egos and hierarchy. When taking a decision we take them quickly but always involve others to further improve. We provide each other regular informal feedback and let everyone design their own growth path.
We offer a competitive salary and great career opportunities within a global payments company. Become part of an international work environment and take your career to the next level.