Ordering a pizza? Buying a pair of trainers? Watching a movie? Chances are Adyen is handling your payment. We are a fast-growing technology company, delivering seamless payment experiences to customers around the world. Driven by a vision to improve customer experience, streamline processes, and ultimately increase revenue, we enable businesses to process payments across online, mobile, and Point-of-Sale (POS) with over 250 payment methods in 187 transaction currencies all over the world. Over 5,000 businesses use the Adyen payment platform, including Facebook, Spotify, Groupon, Evernote, Booking.com, Yelp, Vodafone, Mango, Abercrombie & Fitch, O’Neill, and KLM. We are headquartered in Amsterdam, with offices around the globe.
We are at the forefront of the global technology scene, providing our services to the world's leading innovative companies. We work in close partnership with these companies to ensure they are always ahead of the game. Guided by Fintech's most experienced software developers, we need you to contribute to the customer facing component of our fast-growing platform that processes billions of transactions every year.
We would like to add technical talent to our skilled team in Amsterdam. You are:
- A true ambassador of frontend development
- Confident in discussions with your team on architecture, security and workflow.
- Experienced in building high performance - live web applications
- Familiar with a complex high performance platform
- Someone with these skills: eye for detail, taking ownership, flexible and a team player
- Able to communicate in English
You like to:
- Work in a technical high challenging role
- Be involved in architecture and core, code frameworks
- Write maintainable/sharable code, being able to identify and resolve issues and bugs over a full stack environment
- Investigate new technical possibilities yet to work within existing frameworks
- Work with leading edge technology on a platform that was build in house, from the ground up
- Share knowledge with colleagues and companies all around the world
- Get the freedom and responsibility to make your own decisions in a fast pace environment
The impact you will have
As a developer you will be part of one of our 8 work streams; Scalability, Market Pay, Data/ Risk, Point-of-Sale, Local Payment Methods, Mobile, Finance or Acquiring. Within a work stream you will collaborate with colleagues from different disciplines such as account managers, designers, data analysts and other developers. You will work on challenging projects to innovate our web application platform and therefore benefit our customers (merchants). You will be developing interactive components and user interfaces for internal and external system users. Your focus will be on front-end technologies but you are also able to work full-stack for a complete end-to-end functionality.
- Be responsible for full life cycle development: communicating with stakeholders and merchants and monitoring the impact of the feature;
- Design, implement, test and monitor new functionalities to the web application platform;
- Identify and improve parts of the platform to make it more robust and scalable;
- Collaborate across teams and time zones to make things happen, review code and be open to feedback.
Our company culture
Our people are our greatest asset. Our unique company culture attracts the smartest people, who take initiative & ownership and can truly contribute to our fast growth. We believe that you are able to reach the utmost if we give you freedom, opportunities and responsibility to build Adyen. Our culture is very informal and direct. We believe in teamwork, and don’t like egos and hierarchy. When taking a decision we take them quickly but always involve others to further improve. We provide each other regular informal feedback and let everyone design their own growth path.
Want to grow your career and make an impact from day one?
We offer a competitive salary, knowledge sharing internal events, exchange program to other offices, help with relocation and great career opportunities. Become part of an international work environment and take your career to the next level!