This is Adyen
Speed is the foundation of our company. We think fast. We work fast. We launch fast. Our merchants’ demands shape our development path, and we never stop until the job is done. We’re creating our own path, with a global team driving sustainable growth. We don’t do hierarchy, egos or boundaries. “Not possible” is not in our vocabulary — “freedom” is. This is who we are: honest, direct and always bringing an element of fun into our work. If you’re ready to join the power of fast, keep reading
Scheme Compliance Officer
Adyen is looking for a Scheme Compliance Officer to be based in our San Francisco office. The Scheme Compliance Officer will help ensure all of our merchants are aligned with Card Scheme rules while also providing ongoing guidance and assistance to internal business partners. The Scheme Compliance Officer will report to the Risk and Compliance Team Lead.
What you’ll do:
- Identify relevant Card Scheme rule updates that could impact compliance and reputational risk
- Support ongoing and targeted compliance monitoring against Card Scheme rules
- Respond to non-compliance notifications raised by Card Schemes and/or BIN sponsors
- Provide guidance and ongoing assistance to internal teams, including Underwriting, Sales, Account Management, around Card Scheme rules and requirements
- Strengthen Card Scheme knowledge and education across the global business
- Help internal teams establish compliance strategies that align with global objectives to ensure controlled and sustainable growth of the business
- Visit high-risk merchants to confirm proper controls are in place and ensure our merchants have implemented industry best practices
Who you are:
- 3-4 years of experience with Card Schemes, Merchant Acquiring and/or Acquiring banks
- Strong knowledge of Visa/Mastercard rules, with specific experience in Card Not Present Payments
- Clear understanding of AML, KYC, OFAC and other Federal regulatory guidelines
- Ability to convince colleagues and stress the importance of compliance requirements to protect our brand
- Solid communication skills, specifically you will be able to connect with a variety of internal and external stakeholders and merchants from varying disciplines and cultures
- Strong and effective leadership skills and ability to operate comfortably and independently within a complex cultural, global environment
- Possess sound judgment, flexibility and nimbleness in changing courses and solving problems swiftly
- Bachelor’s Degree or higher
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for many of the world’s leading companies, providing a modern end-to-end infrastructure connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods. Adyen delivers frictionless payments across online, mobile, and in-store channels. With offices across the world, Adyen serves customers including Facebook, Uber, Spotify, Casper, Bonobos and L'Oreal.
Ready to meet us?
If you are excited about this role, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you!