This is Adyen
Speed is the foundation of our company. We think fast. We work fast. We launch fast. We put our merchants at the center of everything we do, and we never stop until the job is done. We’re creating our own path, with a global team driving sustainable growth. We don’t do hierarchy, egos or boundaries. “Not possible” is not in our vocabulary — “freedom” is. This is who we are: honest, direct and always bringing an element of fun into our work. If you’re ready to join the power of fast, keep reading.
Account Manager Mid-Market
Adyen is looking for a knowledgeable, resourceful, and inspiring Account Manager Mid-Market. You’ll be managing relationships with innovative international merchants, across multiple industries, and multiple channels. Mid Market accounts are often high potential start-ups who need guidance in the payment landscape.
What you’ll do
- Establish productive, professional relationships with key personnel within each of your merchants and leverage those relationships to ensure retention and growth;
- Proactively assess and validate customer needs on an ongoing basis. Acts as the human dimension of Adyen’s product, delivering expertise, education, and payment guidance to merchants;
- Work with individuals and teams across the organization to ensure the best possible merchant experience and to develop his/herself and his/her colleagues professionally;
- Serve as a feedback loop for the organization, gathering merchant’s feedback, evaluating the evolution of merchant needs, and communicating these to product and management personnel;
- Grow commercial portfolio by focusing on meeting merchant needs, meets strategic and financial targets for assigned merchant accounts. Continually reevaluate his/her success through the use of strategic account plans, internal reporting, and merchant feedback.
Who you are
- Fluent in Portuguese and English;
- Inspired by the potential for innovation in the payments space, and passionate in his/her drive to push boundaries and create value;
- Familiar with and experience in a professional setting with the skills and polish to prove it. (Explicit experience in account management or a related field of practice is a significant plus);
- Able to lead and manage time-sensitive, cross-functional tasks in a fast-paced, highly entrepreneurial environment with little supervision;
- Have exceptional interpersonal skills and the ability to develop strong working relationships at all levels of management, both inside and outside of Adyen;
- Have the ability to calculate and determine margins, gross revenue, and interest in contract negotiations;
- Have minimum 1+ years of experience in a client facing role, preferably in complex enterprise software, technical infrastructure or financial services;
- Have experience in the payments industry from the merchant side is a definite plus.
Who we are
Adyen is the payments platform of choice for the world's leading companies, delivering frictionless payments across online, mobile and in-store channels. It is the only provider of a modern end-to-end infrastructure, connecting directly to Visa, Mastercard, and consumers' globally preferred payment methods. With offices around the world, Adyen serves nine of the 10 largest U.S. internet companies and many worldwide retailers. Customers include Facebook, Uber, L'Oreal, Casper, Bonobos, and Spotify.
Ready to meet us?
If this role looks like your next challenge, apply by clicking the below link. We can’t wait to meet you!